Join a Rapidly Expanding Team as a Digital Copywriter of a Growing Digital Marketing Agency!
Tree Ring Digital, a Denver-based, top-rated digital marketing agency, is seeking a talented, self-motivated, proactive Digital Copywriter to join our growing and collaborative team. We need someone who can assist the team writing compelling website content copy, blog posts, and social media management. This person asks the right questions, challenges the status quo, and desires to deliver the best product for our clients.
About Us: Our culture is unique and pretty hard to beat: we’re like-minded people who share common passions, appreciate one another’s unique ideas, enjoy each other’s company, respect each other’s skills, have each other’s backs, and love what we do. We’re a well-established, diligent, and creative group that thrives in our fast-paced work environment.
About our dream candidate: A successful candidate will have mastery of written language skills and will be responsible for producing engaging, clear content for various advertising channels including websites, blogs, digital ad copy, and marketing collateral for several clients across a variety of industries. You must be an excellent all-around creative with an emphasis on copywriting and carrying the brand message of each client through to their online presence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Writing clear and error-free content for websites that reflects the company’s voice.
- Assisting marketing team in writing persuasive ad and landing page copy.
- Writing keyword-friendly blog posts for multiple industries.
- Conference calls with clients to gather additional information and better understand their
- Brand Voice.
- Target Audience.
- Research ideas, information, keywords, and facts pertinent to the client.
- Writing website content that is engaging and captures the user’s attention.
- Proofreading work for accuracy and quality.
- Optimize website content for the search engines, mobile devices, and readability; including subheadings and bullet-point lists, and embedded links throughout the text.
- Presenting copy concepts and final deliverables to the internal team, and to the client representative as needed, and participating in client pitches on occasion.
- Revising copy based on internal and client feedback/direction.
- Creating social media calendar, content, posts, and imagery.
- Suggesting and implementing topics and new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
- Proofread client-provided content for errors and additions.
- Organizing and communicating with the team:
- Next steps.
- Meeting dates and notes.
- Project status.
- Experience with:
- Website Copywriting.
- Blog Posts.
- SEO Concepts and Keyword Research.
- Email Marketing Campaigns.
- Social Media Content.
- Google Ads preferred.
- WordPress preferred.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION:
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concept development to delivery of final product on assigned brands.
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action.
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand.
- Excellent and professional verbal and written communications skills with clients and team members (phone, email, and face-to-face).
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- Ability to proactively identify client growth opportunities and communicate efficiently to the business development team.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, influencing, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and decision-making skills.
- High level of:
- Attention to detail (including proofreading work for accuracy and quality).
- Ability to:
- Prioritize, manage time, switch gears, and multi-task.
- Take work direction well & follow specific processes and procedures (once taught).
- Work well independently, as well as collaboratively with the team.
- Respond positively to constructive criticism and implement changes accordingly from both team and clients.
- Utilize the correct tools, resources, and team members to find answers to client questions.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE/BE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Business, English, Communication, Creative Writing or comparable creative area preferred).
- 2-4 years of experience copywriting for websites, social media management, digital ad copy, or related field of work preferred.
- Proven success producing copy for marketing campaigns.
- Experience Copywriting for Multiple Industries.
- High Level of Attention to Detail, Including Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation.
- Working with project management tools.
- Ability to adhere to and enhance brand and content creation guidelines.
- Highly Motivated to Complete Projects by Deadlines While Working Remotely.
- Basic knowledge/experience with:
- Copywriting and ad copy.
- Creating marketing content (graphics and copy).
- CRM (Insightly), GSuite, Slack, WordPress, 1Password & Dropbox.
- Canva preferred.
- Photoshop preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:
- This position is a contract position with an hourly wage of $25 – $35/hour DOE and will be between 15-30 hours per week depending on the skillset.
- The contractor will have the ability to work from home. Client communication can be handled in person, on Zoom, or a phone call.
- Our standard hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5:30 pm MST so conference calls with clients will need to be handled within these hours. Work can be completed at any time as long as deadlines are met.
Tree Ring Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be a part of the team and your experience is a good fit, please apply using the form below.
We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.