Editor Salary Range: $19.00 To $20.00 Hourly
Editors will be responsible for editing data and/or stories collected by our Inside Sales Associates or submitted by clients’ constituents. Primary responsibility is to ensure any new data is spelled and formatted correctly and delivered on time to the client.
Familiarity with AP Style writing is preferred.
Winner of Best Places to Work in Arkansas, Virginia, and Texas!
Publishing Concepts, LP (PCI): Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, we partner with colleges, high schools, and service organizations to engage their alumni and members. Our inside sales agents update contact records and collect stories, which we use to create directories and Oral History Projects! We also sell alumni gear and collect donations and memberships for our partners. Our prestigious clients include institutions such as Harvard, Spelman, Texas A&M, and Georgetown. We also provide services to organizations such as Peace Corps, Shriners International, and Vietnam Veterans of America.
EDITOR PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Ability to self-manage time and prioritize projects
- Edit 5-7 stories (100-2,000 characters long) per hour
- Complete 800 stories or more per month
- Participate in team effort to reduce backlog of 60,000 stories to ensure on time delivery to our clients
- Instrumental in developing Oral History Project stories while retaining the storyteller’s voice
- Understand and live the PCI values
- Review new and changed data for proper formatting, spelling, and grammar
- Must have a strong attention to details
- Edit using AP Style Guidelines
- Use Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, and internal methods of communication
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism is strongly preferred
- Operate in Central Time and work 40 hours/week Monday – Friday.
- $19-20/hr (depends on years of experience) non-exempt hourly
- Report to the Editing Manager
- Work from home, but MUST RESIDE in AR, FL, GA, KS, MO, SC, OK, TX, VA, or WI
- Training: 1 week
- 8:00 am – 5 pm CST
- Schedule is subject to change based on team needs
- Temp position (3-months)
- Potential for perm
PCI is firmly committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. PCI offers employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, U.S. military and or other prohibited bases of discrimination, both state and local. All aspects of the employment relationship (including recruiting, hiring, training, working conditions, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination) are subject to this policy. Candidates must pass pre-employment background check and drug screens.
***We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas***
Our hiring process is fully remote and involves Zoom video calls.
Go here for more writing and editing jobs.