NYN Media, a sister publication to City & State New York, is the must-read news source for New York’s nonprofits, providing robust content, opinion pieces, job postings, personnel moves and more through its daily NYN Media newsletter and website.
We are seeking a highly organized, creative and driven intern to join the NYN Media team. In this role, you will assist with generating story ideas, interviewing nonprofit leaders, writing content for the daily NYN newsletter & website and creating social media posts. You will report directly to the editor-in-chief at City & State. This is a part time (12-20 hours per week), paid, three-month internship beginning in September 2022. This internship will be mostly remote, with the option of working at our Manhattan office.
- Pitch story ideas for NYN Media’s daily newsletter
- Develop an understanding of New York’s complex nonprofit ecosystem
- Write original content for the NYN Media audience on deadline
- Promote original content on NYN Media’s social media channels
- Interest in journalism and writing
- Interest in covering the nonprofit sector
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Journalism experience and related majors are a plus
Please include a resume, cover letter and two samples of writing and/or journalism work with your application submission. Applications will be considered in the order they are received. Please apply no later than August 22, 2022.
Go here for more writing and editing jobs.