I am a NY-based journalist focusing on luxury in all its forms: travel, art, fashion, F&B and more. I am editor-at-large at Robb Report, and contribute regularly to outlets including Bloomberg Luxury, New York Times, Financial Times and Business Insider. I also appear regularly on TV and host podcasts.
This role will support me across all those outlets and areas of interest. Full bio and portfolio are here: https://www.mark-ellwood.com/
The editorial assistant will be responsible for 50% administrative work and 50% editorial work, including:
- Assisting with research projects, including identifying ideal sources and preparing research packets
- Managing submission from PR representatives and prioritizing key pitches
- Scheduling and managing Mark Ellwood’s calendar
- Managing Mark Ellwood’s social media accounts, especially Twitter
- Assisting with administration and logistics around payments and contracts
- Some computing support focused on migration to cloud-based software
The ideal candidate should have a year of experience in journalism or another writing field (recent graduates with student journalism experience are welcome to apply), with a particular interest in luxury.
You will be organized, efficient, a self-starter, and keen to learn the ins and outs of running a successful freelance writing business. I’m sad to lose my current superstar assistant who is off to grad school, and am keen to find a similarly outstanding replacement.
The position will ideally start in August 2022. Pay is $15/hour, with a minimum of 20 hours of work guaranteed each month, although it is likely to be higher, especially at the outset.
The work is 100% remote so candidates from anywhere can apply, though time zone sync will be important.
The manager will also offer mentorship, connections to editors, edits on pitches, and more, depending on your career goals.
If interested, please send your resume and a quick email (2 paragraphs max) detailing your applicable experience and work samples.
Please mark the subject line “Assistant Position Application 2022″. I would like to receive all applications by end of day, Friday August 12.
- Looking for: Editorial Assistant
- Location: Remote
- Compensation: $15 per hour
Original job posting: Click here