Bob Vila is currently seeking a contract editor to join the Product Reviews team and will ensure the team’s content is always up-to-date and best optimized for SEO and affiliate. This role reports to the Senior Editor of Commerce Updates.
The stories themselves range between 700 and 3,000 words, depending on the format. Rates range from $30 to $40 per hour, commensurate with your experience.
Please apply with a cover letter introducing yourself and why you’d be a good fit on the Bob Vila team and three links to relevant commerce bylines.
- Our team’s mission is to directly improve the accuracy and freshness of our product guides. Each assignment will involve; Assessing what might turn a story into a more complete resource for readers
- Executing through line editing, fact-checking, additional product research, sharp copywriting, plus optimization as needed.
- Learning the BobVila.com style guide and ensuring that all content is complete, accurate, and grammatically correct as well as optimized according to SEO and affiliate best practices.
- Packaging the need-to-know info in a well-researched, easy-to-digest story.
- The Qualifications3+ years of experience in digital media
- 2+ years of experience in commerce-related editorial
- Sharp research, writing, and editing skills
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- An eye for what separates a reliable product from the competition
- Detail-oriented editor
- Has an interest in home and garden
- Experienced in lifestyle and shelter publications
- Able to take on multiple assignments per week
- Has an eye for what separates a reliable product from the competition
- Looking for: Editor, Commerce Updates
- Location: Remote
- Compensation: $30 to $40 per hour, commensurate with your experience
Original job posting: Click here